Tuesday, December 02, 2008

I'm back from Vietnam for almost a week and I must say this is really a meaningful trip which i will never forget in my life. I'll just let the pictures do the talking instead of making this post too wordy. I took a total of 630 pictures, but I'm not insane to upload them all. Those being posted are just highlights of the trip. Enjoy (:

Janelle and i figured that this should be part of the Mekong river.
Braided streams.meanders
this is the school that we went to salvage. the courtyard is always flooded
the drains are all clogged.
canteen.
a typical classroom. they happened to be learning Pythagoras theorem.
the students.

i thought that the first boy from the second column was cute
so i decided to take a close up of him. he is indeed cute.


most of the teachers wear their traditional costume to teach.
the goal post that we fixed for them.
this happened after lunch. zZZ
we were bored because everyone else is napping.
this is how we all looked after a day of hard work.
Our masterpiece.





the students there were really friendly. there was this girl who passed me a note when i was scrubbing the floor and it says 'Forget me not, my name is Hieu. You lovely, good day'. i felt so touched that i don't mind scrubbing the floor for them a thousand times.

The Orphanage
seriously, the kids are so naive and adorable. i don't understand how come their parents can just abandon them like that.

My baby.








she kept clinging onto me like a koala bear.







the people there are quite fascinated by cameras.








i think Vietnamese girls are hot.
that's Mr Wong behaving like one of us.


Cu Chi Tunnels











we were in this position throughout the entire route in the tunnel. it's really tiring and i suffered muscle ache due to that.




upon realising that actually all cameras have multiple effects, i've decided to try this for all my pictures.

Jon loves close-up shots.
that's Mr Yip





spot Janelle.




the girls.
that's melvin. i took it as i was really bored in the bus.
This is how Vietnam is like.

this is the nicest and cleanest shop that i have came across so far.


he is my gay partner. Kah kiat
th yogurt was really cool, good and tasty.
amanda: we're the craziest room-mates ever.
Home sweet home



for more details/photos, try our ocip blog or photobucket.Cheers!